Friday, June 19, 2009

Searching For The Perfect Backpack

So I've been on the lookout for a backpack lately. I'm still in highschool and as much as I'd like to be all cool guy'd out and carry around a fine leather duffel bag, I just can't. So yes, I'm searching for a good backpack. I'm currently using my old Ogio backpack from back in my skater boy days... lol, but right now it's basically in shreds, and one of its pockets has a broken zipper, so I've been looking for a more stylish replacement.

One of my favourite options is White Mountaineering's new Moca Packable backpack produced by your favourite Japanese accessory brand... good old Head Porter. Going for around $304 USD which is probably way too high for my budget.























I'm also really interested in Outdoor Products bags as well.



























The problem with both these bags is that I have a real hard time finding them in Canada. Whether their extremely limited edition back in Japan or Hong Kong or the shipping charges just add up ridiculously, they simply won't be a solution unleses I'm heading to visit Asia.

That's why Sydney's, a great boutique on Queen St West in Toronto, caught my attention with a bag by "Property Of..." An incredibly crafted bag made in Singapore, 100% cotton with 100% leather trim... going for a reasonable $189. If I can't find a cheaper alternative this might be next on my wishlist. Although, I'm looking for something maybe slightly larger... but that might be difficult to find with such a nice price tag.


No comments: