Sunday, August 30, 2009

Ransom 5-Panel Cap




















I got this Ransom 5-panel cap a while ago. It was actually during the Livestock sale in mid-June, that I also hopped over to Ransom to pick it up. After using it this whole summer, I must say that it is my favourite cap that I have yet to own. It's versatility allows me to wear it with a whole variety of outfits, whether I go casual or get a little classic, this cap seems to fit in everywhere. Quality is most definitely not lacking. Yeah, made in California.



















The inside layer is made of a polyester ventilated fabric that does an excellent job of keeping your head well ventilated.



















Ventilation holes keep air circulating through your hair. I swear I wore this hat so many times this summer and it still hasn't picked up that hefty odour that my head leaves in all my other caps.



















The easy-to-use clip at the back allows you to clip it anywhere (like a belt loop) say when you're at the dinner table or you're by the seashore on a really windy day.



























The stitching is near flawless and it makes for an excellent 5-panel cap.
The hat is made of wool, so if you do want to wash it, a nice gentle hand wash would be the way to go. The hat does somewhat lose it's shape and gain creases, none of which is noticeable when worn.



















Some people do not realize the square label that Ransom uses on a number of its products, including this 5-panel cap, uses gold lettering. So if that's a turn off for you, this is just a forewarning in advanced.



















However, overall, I would have to say one of the best 5-panel caps available. And a reasonable $35 will put it in your possession with little regret.















No comments: